Most municipalities in SA do not have a baseline or inventory of the amount of street lights they have, the condition of these street lights nor the condition of reticulation of such infrastructure. By offering a professional lighting audit and design service, Power Matla Innolumis will conduct street light counts so as to have a baseline for calculation of the ROI of retrofit projects, as well as will provide and maintain this database on behalf of a municipality.
Critical to the upcoming smart city concept – streetlights locations are recorded for future use and incorporation in street planning. We can also offer this service to any lighting concern as a sub-contracted service. We will provide expert reference site measurement and power consumption data recording as part of this service. The benefits to the municipality are:
- Accurate up-to-date baseline of existing infrastructure and condition thereof.
- Real-time identification of points of failures or issue with supply/reticulation.
- Easy management of infrastructure and maintenance cost controls.
- Accurate billing and disbursements of electricity cost.
- More effective expansion / upgrading for new installations and redundant streetlights.
- Ensuring compliance to national and municipal by-laws for street lighting conditions.